Continuing Education User ID/Passwords
Before registering, please create your own Continuing Education user ID and password if you have not already done so. This will allow you to go online and add program options such as roommates and transportation, or to transfer from one session to another. To create a user ID, use the "Sign In" button at the top of this website in the blue section, then select the "Create Account" link on the Sign In page.
Each person needs only one user ID to register for any BYU Continuing Education program. If you have forgotten your user ID or password, click on the “forgot User ID?” or “forgot password?” link. If you need help, please call Registration at 1-877-221-6716 (toll-free). Please do not create a new user ID if you already have one.
Every time you register for any BYU Continuing Education program, you will use your user ID and password. Each participant must have his or her own user ID and password.
NOTE: Never tell anyone your password, other than a parent.
The personal information for each participant must be correct to avoid problems that result from being listed with the wrong sex, age, or name. Some parents have switched a child’s account to another sibling. This can result in a wrong sex, age, or name.
BYU is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information submitted by youth and parents who register. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to submit certain personal, identifiable information, such as credit card information. BYU will only use this information for the internal purposes for which it is provided. BYU does not share personal, identifiable information with others.
You may receive a refund (minus a nonrefundable $25 withdrawal fee) when you withdraw from a camp session by March 29, 2019. After that time, you will not be able to withdraw and receive a refund. However, there is no fee to transfer from one session to another. If the card you used to pay no longer exists, the refund will still be automatically credited to that card’s account. You will need to contact your bank card provider to transfer this credit to an active account. We cannot refund payment to a credit card other than the one originally charged. If you have withdrawn yourself or a participant from a session, be sure to log back into the participant’s account and double-check that it shows “withdrawn.” You should receive your refund in one to three weeks. Refunds will not be given for a participant who is sent home for violating camp standards and rules.
We do not allow substitutions. Please follow our withdrawal policy if you need to withdraw. The university does not allow us to transfer funds from one youth's account to another.
During open registration periods, you may log in and transfer from one session to another as long as space is available until 30 days before the session begins.
To transfer online, log in and follow these steps:
- Select your camp registration under Registered Programs.
- Click on Transfer under Enrollment Options.
- Select the session you want to transfer to.
- Fill in roommate information, if any. Your roommate information does not carry over when you transfer to another session. You will need to use a different roommate link number.
- Your parental release information should carry over. Click Continue.
- Confirm your personal information, then click Continue.
- Confirm the payment information, then click Continue.
- If a payment is due, click Continue at the bottom of the page. If no payment is due, click No Payment Required.
- You will come to a confirmation page—this confirms your transfer has gone through.
Confirmation of your transfer also will be sent to the email address on file.
Remember, it is your responsibility to confirm that your registration is complete and accurate.
If you prefer, you can call the registration office toll-free (1-877-221-6716 or 801-422-8925) to have them complete your transfer.
You may log in and withdraw from your session for a nonrefundable $25 processing fee. The final withdrawal deadline is March 29, 2019. After March 29, 2019, you will not be able to withdraw, transfer, or receive a refund. Housing and all other arrangements are final at that time.
To withdraw from a session:
- Log in.
- Log into your youth's account, and her or his current registrations will appear.
- Select the Withdraw option to confirm that you wish to withdraw.
- Click the Confirm button to confirm that you wish to withdraw.
- You will come to a confirmation page. Print the page or write down the confirmation number for your records. Also, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on file.
- Be sure your account shows your withdrawal before you anticipate a refund.
- Once you withdraw from your session, you will be automatically refunded your payment, minus a nonrefundable $25 fee. This fee will not be refunded, even if you withdraw by accident or re-enroll in another session, so be sure you want to withdraw before so doing.
- If you have a refund coming, you should receive it in one to three weeks.
Occasionally the computer does not link a transaction, so it is always good to go back in after a few days to be sure your session request is correct.